1 GOD’S RESPONSE
The Bible tells us that even though we have walked away from God, He still loves us and has stepped into this world to solve the problem of sin, suffering and death:
• “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
• “But God’s mercy is so abundant, and his love for us is so great, that while we were spiritually dead in our disobedience he brought us to life with Christ. It is by God’s grace that you have been saved.” Ephesians 2:4,5
• “But because of our sins and the evil we did, he was wounded, and beaten. We are healed by the punishment he suffered, made whole by the blows he received.” Isaiah 53:5
2 THE OUTCOME
Jesus accomplished something incredible for us on the Cross!
• Friends with God “We were God’s enemies, but he made us his friends through the death of his Son. Now that we are God’s friends, how much more will we be saved by Christ’s life!” Romans 5:10
• A new person “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
2 Corinthians 5:7
• Cleanses us from sin “The blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7
• Victory “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Corinthians 15:57
• Evil and sin don’t have to control our lives “God can and does give us the power and ability to live a life of faith, victory and service to others.” Romans 6:14 experienced the life-transforming power of Jesus in their own lives. Jesus still transforms people’s lives today!