SHARE – How can I share the good news about Jesus?
What is the best news you have ever received? Who were the first people you shared this news with?
Whenever we have discovered or experienced something that is really good, it is natural to want to share what we have found with others. This is also true when we discover what Jesus has done for us. Sharing your new faith in Jesus has many benefits but may also involve some risks:
• More people will have the opportunity to have the gift of eternal life.
• We will be obeying Jesus’ directions to make disciples.
• We will be part of Jesus’ mission team.
• Our own faith in Jesus will become stronger as we explore the answers to the questions people ask.
• There are people who may reject us.
• We may not know how to respond to all of the questions or objections people ask.
• We have to find the balance between sharing too litte or sharing too much.
The key to effectively sharing your faith in Jesus with others is to follow the example of Jesus:
• “Christ’s method alone will give true success in reaching people. The Saviour mingled with people as one who desired their good. He showed His sympathy for them, ministered to their needs, and won their confidence. Then He bade them, ‘Follow Me.’”
— Adapted from The Ministry of Healing, p143
In which areas of health would you like to improve personally?
Here are some practical tips on how to effectively share your faith:
• Spend time with Jesus by reading the stories of His life in the Bible and talking with Him in prayer.
• Pray for the Holy Spirit to give you opportunities to share your faith.
• Listen to other people and ask them how they are doing in life.
• Take practical steps to actually meet their needs.
• Share your personal story of how Jesus has changed your life.
• Share a simple gospel illustration of what Jesus has done for us.
• Offer to explore the Bible with people that you know.
BOOKS TO READ
• Sharing Your Faith — Don Mackintosh
• Sharing Jesus Without Freaking Out — Alvin Reid
• On Guard: Defending Your Faith with Reason and Precision — William Lane Craig
Would you like to pray for courage to share the story of Jesus with someone this week?