HOPE – When will Jesus Return
What do you think are some of the most credible predictions about what will happen to this world in the future?
The Promise of Jesus’ Return
Jesus has promised us He will return. The Bible is filled with promises of Jesus’ soon return. Did you know:
• There are over 1,500 prophecies about Jesus’ soon return.
• For every prophecy that is focused on the first time Jesus came in the first century AD, there are 8 prophecies about His return at the end of time.
• “Do not be worried and upset. Believe in God and believe also in me. There are many rooms in my Father’s house, and I am going to prepare a place for you. I would not tell you this if it were not so. And after I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to myself, so that you will be where I am.” John 14:1-3
• “Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go.” Acts 1:11
• “We look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.” Titus 2:13
The Purpose of Jesus’ Return
The reasons why Jesus is coming back soon are:
• To raise back to life those who have died while trusting in Him.
• To take us home to heaven to be with Him.
• To put an end to all of the pain and suffering in the world.
The Picture of Jesus’ Return
Jesus described what His coming will be like:
• He will come soon.
• He will come at a time when people are not expecting Him.
• Everyone will see Him when He comes because His coming will be so loud and dazzling.
Preparing for Jesus’ Return
We can be prepared for Jesus when He returns by accepting His gift of eternal life.
While we wait, we can be getting ready for Jesus’ return by:
• Connecting with Him every day through prayer and Bible study.
• Caring for people the way He did when He was living on earth.
• Sharing the good news about His soon return with our friends, classmates and workmates.
At the very end of the Bible, Jesus says, “I am coming soon!” We can respond in prayer by saying, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”
In which areas of health would you like to improve personally?
Based on how the Bible describes Jesus, how do you feel about the idea
that Jesus is coming again?
What would you like to talk about with Jesus when He comes back?
BOOKS TO READ
• End Time Hope: A Journey to Eternity — Mark Finley
• Darkness Before Dawn — Ellen White
• Christ is Coming! — Norman Gulley
Would you like to be prepared for the time when Jesus returns?