Sometimes we can think that church is boring and irrelevant. It is important to know that church is not:
• A building
• A program that happens once a week
• An outdated, hierarchical institution
Church is a community of people who share their faith, hope and love of Jesus! The Bible uses a number of pictures to describe what church is like:
• A FAMILY We are all brothers and sisters in God’s family.
• A BODY An organic system of people who work together.
• THE BRIDE OF CHRIST Jesus has a special love, devotion and care for the church.
Jesus said, “For you can do nothing without me.” John 15:5